mandag 20. oktober 2008

Spirit week and Homecoming

Finally back on track here! Garry just fixed the network, hehe and you know me; I ran straight to the computer - addicted as I am. Well, there's been so much fun going on so I'm just gonna start of and show pictures and write a long with it.

LANCERS PARADE:
Students from my school who wants to be in the army, 50-50 boys and girls.

Shawnee Mission East was celebrating our 50 anniversary! So we had a big parade close by our school. Every grade had made their own float and they dressed up as decades from the 50s, 60s, 70s etc. There was a float party at thursday, but a girl I know surely had to study for a big spanish test, heh - geek as I am. This was a nice ending of our spirit week, we dressed up differently every day (sports theme, colors day, the 80s, color clash, Lancers clothing). It was music all over school in between classes from decades in the past, so fun!

LABSTER SELLING FOR VOLUNTERS:
YES IT'S ALIVE!! hahah, I was so freakin' proud! Every year the exchange students help Shawnee Mission East to sell labsters for people so we can raise money for our school. So saturday morning I woke up 7.30 am. to sell those jukky creatures! I carried at least 5 of them (there was about 50 labsters there, and we sold all of them, I know it sounds weird, haha) It was a hilarious moment, I mean - I've only seen living labster at Ica or Meny in Norway in a fish tank! haha

Dale holding the labster way too close, it's discusting haha
Exchange students and American students selling the labsteeers
HOMECOMING:
- Before the dance

Shelbi and I had so much fun dressing up, I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a event.
My hair after being styled at the hair saloon. I've always done my hair self, so it was fun to not do it this time!
Me waiting for Drew, hihi
Shelbi and I in the backyard, she's gorgeous!!
-Pictures taken before our fancy dinner
My homecoming group! (click on the pictures if you want to see 'em closer)
Tha gyaaals

-The dance
Me and Drew at the dance! He was such a fun date to have. I've never met a guy who puls my chair out when I want to sit or opens the car door for me. I definitely was treated like a princess for a day.

- After the homecoming dance

Me, Grace and Margaret
we all went to drew's and had fun there, hehe! Then I spent the night at Mary's

Drew and I agaaain

Homecoming was more fun than I thought it would be! Next time it's mine turn to ask a guy for a school dance here, that's gonna be interesting haha. Let me know if you have a cute way for me to ask!

okidokismoki, I'm going to take a shower and then go to bed!
Miss you all, hugs and kisses,
Mariell.

2 kommentarer:

Helene Krisiansen sa...

Åååå så flott du var elskling!!!:D så ut som du koste deg masse! Gleder meg til å få høre alt:) Savner deg masse masse masse verdens beste venn!

TNina sa...

Heia Mariell.

Så fine bilder :-) Jeg skjønner godt at du gledet deg til denne dansen. Så ut som du hadde det KJEMPE gøy :-)
MGID, Stooooor klem til deg fra din TNina